• Khamenei, who publicly banned the importation of American, British, and French vaccines, today brazenly blamed the disruption on vaccine distribution on the vendors’ mismanagement.
• Firoozabadi Shahrari Hospital: The COVID-19 referrals have increased unprecedently. Previously, we had 25 to 50 visits for remdesivir injection daily, but we have had 250 visits from morning to noon in recent days. (Hamshahri daily, July 23, 2021)
• Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, the COVID-19 death rate and hospitalization have hit a record. (Tasnim news agency, July 23, 2021)
• Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: (Regarding the COVID-19 outbreak), we are in a black and critical situation; all hospitals are full and the medical staff are very vulnerable. (State radio and TV news agency, July 23, 2021)
• Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: We have 1,908 COVID-19 hospitalized patients, 323 of whom have been admitted in the past 24 hours, and 243 are in ICU. (Mehr news agency, July 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, July 23, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities across Iran had exceeded 336,000. The number of Lorestan 12,905, victims in Tehran has reached 78,326, Isfahan 22,775, Khuzestan 21,371, Khorasan Razavi 20,385, Mazandaran 12,990, West Azerbaijan 12,353, Fars 11,372, Gilan 10,896, Qom 10,135, Alborz 9,638, Sistan and Baluchistan 9,201, Kerman 8,143, Golestan 7,855, Hamedan 7,063, Yazd 5,752, Hormozgan 5,545, Ardabil 4,080, Qazvin 3,819, and Zanjan 3,600.
“The Delta COVID-19 variant had been detected in India since the early spring in March 2021, and authorities could have taken more appropriate policies to prevent its entry,” Tasnim news agency admitted today. “All of them (officials) knew that cross-border exchanges with India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan were very high and there was a possibility of the virus transmission.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
July 23, 2021