- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Reckless reopening of schools, universities, and assemblies …given that we have not yet achieved collective immunity, can be dangerous and lead to the next COVID-19 outbreak. (ISNA news agency, November 23, 2021)
- Lorestan Medical University: After the reopening of schools, 15% of secondary school students became infected with COVID-19. (ISNA, November 23, 2021)
- “Every COVID-19 outbreak has caused the death of tens of thousands of compatriots. Children hospitalized for COVID-19 in the country have become homeless and have lost the opportunity to study forever. (State-run daily, Are-Iran, November 23, 2021)
- For the third day running, daily COVID-19 infection has surged by 53.34% and hospitalization by 36.36%. (Tasnim news agency, November 23, 2021)
- In recent weeks, the number of COVID-19 deaths has risen in South Khorasan. The COVID-19 hospitalizations and death rate have been higher than the national average. (State-run media, Khabar-online, November 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, November 23, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 480,200. In Tehran death toll has reached 112,545, Khorasan Razavi 39,150, Isfahan 32,880, West Azerbaijan 17,953, Fars 17,855, Mazandaran 17,520, East Azerbaijan 16,593, Sistan and Baluchestan 13,345, Qom 13,000, Central Province 8,768, Hormozgan 7,995, North Khorasan 6,098, Ardabil 6,030, Qazvin 5,509.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
November 23, 2021