- Hassan Rouhani blames the people for the spread of virus: 48% to 53% of the people have observed the health protocols, the non-compliance of our people is a problem. We must tighten the regulations and controls.
- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): We repeatedly warn people to avoid unnecessary traffic, but the government and the Ministry of Education force people back to the streets. The country is constantly suffering from the Coronavirus wave. It cannot be said it is the first or the third wave. From the beginning, the NCCT was against the reopening of schools, but they (the government) opened it even two weeks earlier, which was completely wrong. If we follow the same procedure, the country will face a catastrophe. (Jahan-e Sana’t daily, September 26, 2020)
- Nahid Khoda Karami, Chairwoman of the Health Committee of Tehran’s City Council: The piece-meal method of controlling Coronavirus spread led to the deaths of about 5,000 Tehranians and 5,000 defenseless Iranians (these are not just numbers, they are peoples’ sweet lives that are lost and are being lost). (IMNA, September 26, 2020)
- Deputy Minister of Education: Currently, the Coronavirus epidemic is roaming in almost all provinces. Summertime travels, Muharram gatherings, and ceremonies are the main reasons for the resurgence of the Coronavirus in the country. (ISNA, September 26, 2020)
- Qom University of Medical Sciences: 75% of the tests are positive. Hospitals are overcrowded. We are witnessing the third and severe peak of the Coronavirus. (IRNA, September 26, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on September 26, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 444 cities had passed 110,000. The number of victims in Tehran is 26,301, Khorasan Razavi 8,161, Isfahan 5,409, Mazandaran 5,242, Qom 4,905, Lorestan 4,888, East Azerbaijan 3,518, Alborz 3,075, West Azerbaijan 2,881, Semnan 1,431, Qazvin 998, and South Khorasan 742.
Meanwhile, the distribution of the first shipment of flu vaccine to members of the regime parliament has turned into a new scandal. According to Shargh daily, Mahmoud Sadeghi, a former parliament deputy, wrote: “This is a sign of the institutionalized gap between the government and the people. They also smuggled Favipiravir pills from China that were mostly used for the treatment of the authorities.
Alireza Salimi, a member of the presidium of the regime parliament, told Mehr news agency, today, “Some deputies used to get free flu vaccines twice a year, and it would be better to publish a list of representatives who receive the vaccine. At the end of the 10th Parliament, some deputies stated that they had contracted the Coronavirus, which with the passage of the time proved to be false.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 26, 2020