- Chairman of Tehran City Council: We are one step away from the Coronavirus tsunami of victims. Tehran should be completely closed for two weeks. (Hamshahri daily, October 4, 2020)
- Member of Tehran City Council: Yesterday, we witnessed the death of 136 patients in Tehran. The one-week restriction is useless. Tehran should be closed for at least two weeks. (IRNA, October 4, 2020)
- Advisor to the regime’s Health Minister: The hospitals and medical staff are wearing out. Infections and deaths may go far beyond the status quo. (IRNA, October 4, 2020)
- Governor of Tehran: We had 2,860 hospitalizations on September 1 and 4,868 on October 2, and death tolls had increased proportionally. (State TV, October 3, 2020)
- President of Tehran University of Medical Sciences: In the hospitals and universities of medical sciences, we are almost set up similar to warlike conditions. (State TV, October 3, 2020)
- Spokesperson of the regime’s Health Ministry: The infection and mortality rate in East Azerbaijan is higher than the national average. There are 1,110 hospitalized and 235 in ICU.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, October 4, 2020, that the number of Coronavirus death toll in 450 cities had exceeded 116,000. The number of victims in Tehran is 27,421, Khorasan Razavi 8,694, Isfahan 5,834, Mazandaran 5,432, Lorestan 5,142, Qom 5,065, Gilan 4,656, East Azerbaijan 3,978, Alborz 3,185, Fars 3,116, West Azerbaijan 3,017, Kermanshah 2,543, Kurdistan 2,116, Kerman 1,778, Semnan 1,701, Hormozgan 1,555, Central Province 1,505, Bushehr 1,410, and Zanjan 1,098.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 4, 2020