Health Ministry: For the first time, the number of patients in the past 24 hours exceeded 6,000
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Task Force (NCCT) in Tehran: Compared to the previous day, we had a 15% increase in deaths. (State TV, October 22, 2020)
- A regime parliament deputy: Due to mismanagement, we are facing the death of over 300 people per day. Hassan Rouhani is responsible, and he must be held accountable. (The parliament website, October 22, 2020)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 1,694 patients have been admitted to hospitals, and 320 are in ICU, and 47 have died in the past 24 hours. (Mehr news agency, October 23, 2020)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: The rate of infection and hospitalizations is increasing every day. 1,240 patients are hospitalized and 238 are in ICU. (Mehr, October 23, 2020)
- Qazvin University of Medical Sciences: ICU admission rate has increased sharply, and non-Coronavirus ICU beds have been allocated to Coronavirus patients. (Mehr, October 23, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, October 23, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 460 cities had exceeded 130,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 31,511, Khorasan Razavi 9,857, Khuzestan 8,078, Isfahan 7,072, Mazandaran 5,782, Lorestan 5,628, Qom 5,435, Gilan 5,041, East Azerbaijan 4,626, West Azerbaijan 3,741, Golestan 3,666, Alborz 3,623, Hamedan 3,500, Fars 3,431, Kerman 2,035, Semnan 1,942, Central Province 1,827, Hormozgan 1,655, Ardabil 1,473, Zanjan 1,235, and South Khorasan 1,014.
The spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry said that the number of Coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours had reached 6,134 and the number of critically ill patients stood at 4,933, both of which are unprecedented since the beginning of the Coronavirus outbreak in the past eight months.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 23, 2020