- Alireza Raisi, Spokesman for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Despite the changes in the cities’ situation, Tehran is still red. The criterion for a red state is not based on the number of COVID-19 deaths but the number of hospitalizations. (IRNA, November 30, 2020)
- Governor-general of Tehran, in a meeting with provincial governorates: “The Province suffers historically from a shortage of health and medical resources per capita. In the country, we have one health unit for every 1,100 people. In Tehran, it’s one unit per 3,300 people. In the urban areas, we have a medical center for every 10,000 people in the country, but in Tehran, every medical center is for 52,000 people!” (IRNA, December 1, 2020)
- Member of the executive committee of the regime’s parliament: “The government’s strategies to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak have been completely wrong.” (Majlis news agency, November 30, 2020)
- Vice president of Shiraz Medical University of Sciences: With the death of 32 people in Fars in the past 24 hours, the number of deaths had reached 2,525. (Mehr news agency, December 1, 2020)
- Ardabil Medical University of Sciences: 9% of Coronavirus’s patients in Ardabil die, which must decrease rapidly. (ISNA, November 30, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 465 cities had exceeded 173,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 42,901, Khorasan Razavi 12,270, Isfahan 9,960, Khuzestan 9,210, East Azerbaijan 6,903, West Azerbaijan 6,450, Gilan 5,806, Fars 4,987, Alborz 4,640, Hamedan 4,320, Kerman 3,499, Central Province 3,463, Yazd 3,072, North Khorasan 2,718, Ardabil 1,992, Ilam 1,805, Bushehr 1,789, South Khorasan 1,571, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,340.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 1, 2020