- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: The Coronavirus winter peak is different. We are worried about it, especially in the southern provinces and in Gilan, Mazandaran, and Golestan, where we see signs of the outbreak. The situation in areas like Tehran and Azerbaijan, and Khorasan, where the cold season has started, may intensify. (State TV, December 5, 2020)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The hospitalization rate in Tehran in the past 24 hours has gone over 4,500. Therefore, the situation is still fragile and worrying. We may experience more violent waves. (ISNA news agency, December 5, 2020)
- Chairman of Tehran’s City Council: We are in a fragile situation at the red border. Today, there were 100 COVID-19 deaths in Behesht Zahra Cemetery in Tehran. (State TV, December 5, 2020)
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: In Fars, 36 people died of Coronavirus in 24 hours, and the total number of deaths has reached 2,685 people. (Mehr news agency, December 6, 2020)
- According to the figures announced by the University of Medical Sciences of Mazandaran and Babol, the number of hospitalizations is 11% higher than when the restrictions began. (ISNA, December 6, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, December 6, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 465 cities had exceeded 178,100. The number of victims in Tehran is 43,971, Isfahan 10,225, Lorestan 7,272, Qom 7,075, East Azerbaijan 7,023, Mazandaran 6,762, West Azerbaijan 6,660, Fars 5,222, Alborz 4,750, Golestan 4,482, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,476, Kermanshah 3,796, Kerman 3,669, Central Province 3,558, North Khorasan 2,763, Ardabil 2,107, Qazvin 1,827, Zanjan 1,817, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,254.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 6, 2020