- Qassem Jan-Babaei, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: In some cities, an unproven herbal medicine has infected the city, and many have lost their lives as a result. The same is true for vaccines.
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The bitter experience of November and December showed that in Tehran, many COVID-19 indicators are increasing exponentially, and due to the mutant complementation of the virus in a short time, the situation in Tehran is changing rapidly.
- Secretary of the Supreme Council of the Medical Organization: Instead of blaming the people and always throwing the ball in their court, it is better to reconsider the pandemic’s policy and management and offer consistent plans with the country’s social conditions.
- Head of the Nursing Organization: Out of 145,000 nurses, 60,000 were infected with Coronavirus, 100 died, and 6,000 are quarantined.
- Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences: COVID-19 prevalence in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari is high, and in every group of 50, there are people with Coronavirus symptoms.
- The head of the scientific committee of the NCCT announced that Iranian aircraft could not import the Pfizer vaccine. But the director of the Civil Aviation Authority said: “Two Iranian airlines are ready to import any vaccine, including the one by Pfizer.”
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on December 17, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 470 cities had exceeded 186,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 45,926, Khorasan Razavi 12,845, Isfahan 10,975, Lorestan 7,550, West Azerbaijan 7,058, Gilan 6,671, Fars 5,657, Golestan 4,632, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,591, Kerman 3,959, Kermanshah 3,946, North Khorasan 2,893, Ardabil 2,272, Hormozgan 1,975, Zanjan 1,930, South Khorasan 1,741, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,445.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 17, 2020