- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Foreign vaccines must be procured because it is not possible to mass-produce them internally. The producing vaccine has long stopped in our country, and we have had to import them.
- IRGC Brigadier General, Mohammad-Reza Naghdi: Due to serious doubts and worldwide speculations by experts and the bad records of some vaccine manufacturers, we do not recommend injecting foreign vaccines to IRGC and Basij personnel. We will not participate in the general vaccination of imported vaccines.
- Alireza Zali, head of NCCT in Tehran: Despite the relative reduction in mortality, the Coronavirus pandemic condition in Tehran is fragile and unstable, and 934 people are hospitalized in ICU wards.
- Ardabil University of Medical Sciences: If this trend continues, we will see a return to the COVID-19 red state, and Ardabil hospitals will be full. We expect to see an increase in deaths in the next few days.
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: We do not have a white city in our Province yet. It has been about ten days that nine cities of the Province are yellow, and the rest are orange.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on December 24, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 475 cities had exceeded 191,000. The number of victims in Tehran is 46,926, Isfahan 11,360, Lorestan 7,708, Qom 7,490, East Azerbaijan 7,402, Fars 5,842, Alborz 5,035, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,686, Kerman 4,121, Kermanshah 4,036, Central Province 3,988, Yazd 3,387, Kurdistan 3,291, Semnan 2,894, Ilam 1,975, Bushehr 1,919, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,500.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 24, 2020