- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: “1,279 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in this Province, 265 in ICU.” (ISNA news agency, January 9, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: “In the past 24 hours, 255 patients have been identified. There are currently 416 patients admitted, 164 of which in ICU.” (IMNA news agency, January 8, 2021)
- Following Khamenei’s remarks banning the US, British and French vaccines, Rouhani expressed his loyalty to this criminal verdict. Contrary to previous claims, he offered no prospects for procuring vaccines.
- Rouhani: “There were vaccines available to us to deliver. Some companies offered (vaccines) to us, and our Health Ministry rightly rejected them. Also, some set conditions (to provide vaccines) which we have nothing to do with.”
- A Lung, asthma, and allergy specialist: 70% of people must be vaccinated to cut the transmission chain. The European vaccine has undergone several stages of animal and human studies and has proven to be responsive with fewer side effects. (ISNA, January 9, 2021)
- Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI): Khamenei’s Red Crescent announced a ban on importing 150,000 Pfizer/BioNtech vaccines. This costs people’s lives and is tantamount to their deliberate massacre. Having access to vaccines is an inalienable right of the sick and the people of Iran.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, January 9, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities exceeds 199,300. The number of victims in Tehran is 48,771, Khorasan Razavi 13,515, Isfahan 12,470, Qom 7,775, Mazandaran 7,727, East Azerbaijan 7,597, Gilan 7,066, Fars 6,078, Alborz 5,185, Golestan 4,970, Kerman 4,396, Central Province 4,118, Semnan 2,975, Zanjan 2,100, and Qazvin 2,087.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 9, 2021