While regime statistics say there are 3,300 positive COVID-19 tests per day in Ahvaz alone, regime Health Ministry claimed the total positive test results in the country is 8,200.
- Acknowledging that the country has entered into the fourth wave of the Coronavirus outbreak, Rouhani sought to cover up the regime’s delay in purchasing the vaccine and downplayed the vaccine’s role in preventing the Coronavirus disaster.
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We are all concerned. We have reports of the British COVID-19 spreading across the country in all provinces. (State TV, March 6, 2021)
- Head of Ahvaz Health Center – West Division: Out of 6,000 daily Coronavirus tests in Ahvaz, 55% are positive, which indicates the virus’s activity across the city. (IRNA news agency, March 5, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The British COVID-19 variant has spread to most of our provinces. The spread of the virus in Khuzestan Province continues to rise. The number of hospitalizations and deaths is high and may increase. The provinces of Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, Qazvin, and Alborz are also a cause for concern. (State TV, March 6, 2021)
- Masoud Mardani, a member of the NCCT Scientific Committee: Many people entered the country with a fake “PCR” test sheet. These sheets are sold for 1 to 1.5 million (rials). (ISNA news agency, March 6, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on March 6, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 501 cities had exceeded 226,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 53,436, Khorasan Razavi 14,935, Isfahan 14,645, Khuzestan 12,195, Mazandaran 9,612, Lorestan 9,463, East Azerbaijan 8,708, Gilan 8,071, Fars 6,742, Alborz 5,658, Hamedan 5,288, Kerman 5,014, Yazd 4,137, Semnan 3,625, Ardabil 2,807, and South Khorasan 2,206.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 6, 2021