- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: So far, 350 cases of British COVID-19 have been identified, which is the tip of an iceberg. Most of it is hidden, and this is alarming. (State-run Radio and Television,
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: Despite the increase in the number of beds dedicated to the COVID-19 patients and the arrangements we have made, the number of patients referring to the hospitals is increasing, and we face a shortage of beds and nurses in the Province.
- Behbahan University of Medical Sciences: Most COVID-19 patients need ICU beds, but ICU wards’ capacity is limited.
- Head of Hazrat Masoumeh Hospital in Qom: The number of children infected with the COVID-19 is increasing. Twenty-five children are including several infants, are hospitalized for COVID-19.
- President of West Azerbaijan Medical University: The number of hospitalized patients has reached 488, of which 148 are in the ICU
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, March 8, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 501 cities had exceeded 227,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 53,621, Khorasan Razavi 14,985, Isfahan 14,740, Khuzestan 12,365, Mazandaran 9,667, East Azerbaijan 8,778, Gilan 8,101, Fars 6,767, Alborz 5,678, Kerman 5,034, Kermanshah 4,604, Kurdistan 3,932, and Semnan 3,660,
The state-run daily, Arman wrote, today: “Considering that Iran has a population of 80 million, at least 800,000 people should be vaccinated to cover one percent of the population. According to the Health Ministry, so far, 570,000 doses of vaccine have been imported, which has been used for 258,000 people. Even if we import twice as many vaccines in the remaining two weeks (until the end of the Persian Calendar year), it will still not cover 800,000 people. A country like the UAE has vaccinated 65% and Turkey 10% of its population. This is while Iran has already entered the fourth wave of COVID-19 outbreak, and the number of deaths and those infected is rising.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 8, 2021