Regime’s Health Ministry: The situation in Tehran, Karaj, Isfahan, and Shiraz is red, the number of people infected to COVID-19 reached 14,000 last night
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi: Khamenei has ultimate responsibility for the massive death toll in Iran
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: Today we are facing one of the most horrific COVID-19 waves. We cannot predict what hospitalizations will be and it is not clear what awaits us. There are not enough resources and they (the Government) did not give us the fund for various reasons.
- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: Currently, 88 cities are red, 139 are orange and 198 are yellow. Infections and hospitalizations used to grow gradually and step by step. Now, it is rising exponentially like an elevator.
- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Tehran has doubled, all hospitals are on alert.
- Head of Shariati Hospital in Tehran: The COVID-19 situation in the past 48 hours is terrible and shocking. We must prepare for very difficult days.
- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: We have a 250% increase in admission and hospitalization of COVID-19 patients compared to the first day of the Persian New Year, March 21, 2021.
- Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) offered her heartfelt condolences and empathy to the families of the COVID-19 victims. She said that the horrific and new wave of Coronavirus, with more victims every day, is due to the criminal and plundering policies of the clerical regime. Khamenei has ultimate responsibility for the massive death toll. With astonishing cruelty, Khamenei banned the import of the British and American vaccines into the country, while refusing to provide the bare minimums for workers from hundreds of billions of dollars pillaged wealth of the Iranian people, amassed in institutions he controls. In doing so, he has forced them to go to the COVID-19 killing field to make ends meet. Mrs. Rajavi emphasized that as long as this regime is in power it will neither protect the people from the consequences of floods, earthquakes and diseases, nor from the growing poverty, inflation and unemployment. She called on the youth of the country to show solidarity and help the sick and the vulnerable.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, April 5, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 535 cities across Iran had exceeded 244,000. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 56,191, Isfahan 15,905, Khorasan Razavi 15,745, Khuzestan 14,444, Mazandaran 10,410, East Azerbaijan 9,773, in West Azerbaijan 9,148, Gilan 8,551, Golestan 6,295, Alborz 6,058, Kerman 5,394, Central Province 5,073, Semnan 4,260, North Khorasan 3, 678, Ardabil 3,022, Zanjan 2,645, Bushehr 2,464, South Khorasan 2,371, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,960.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 5, 2021