The clerical regime’s criminal and plundering policies, halting vaccinations, and the fifth Coronavirus outbreak
- Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Less than 3% of the population have received their first dose of vaccination, and less than half a percent their second dose. (ISNA news agency, June 10, 2021)
- Masih Daneshvari Hospital: The COVID-19 vaccination is very slow, and the possibility of entering the fifth outbreak is increasing. (Sharq daily, June 10, 2021)
- Health Ministry: Given the arrival of the Indian and African COVID-19 variants, there is a possibility of a fifth outbreak, and Khorasan Razavi Province is in danger. (IRNA news agency, June 10, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 situation is critical in the Province. In June last year, 200 patients were diagnosed daily, now, sometimes more than 1,000. (Mehr news agency, June 10, 2021)
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: We have not entirely passed through the fourth COVID-19 outbreak yet, while there is a possibility of a new outbreak at the end of June. (IRNA, June 10, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Thursday, June 10, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities across Iran had passed 309,300. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 72,456, Isfahan 20,735, Khuzestan 19,391, Khorasan Razavi 18,790, Mazandaran 12,285, Gilan 10,331, Fars 10,317, Alborz 8,813, Sistan and Baluchestan 7,176, Kerman 6,928, Hamedan 6,773, Central Province 6,428, Kurdistan 5,297, Hormozgan 4,050, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,550, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,414.
Due to the regime’s criminal and plundering policies, the COVID-19 vaccination stopped shortly after starting, sounding the alarms for the fifth outbreak all over the country. A spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry told the IRNA news agency today, “The situation is fragile, and the Indian and South African variants are expanding. There is a danger of a fifth outbreak, including in Khorasan Razavi Province.”
The state-run Sharq daily wrote today: “During the presidential election debates, dealing with Coronavirus policies has not been anyone’s priority. They fight over issues that people do not care about. None of the candidates mentioned anything about the Coronavirus in the first debate, and when the people raised their voices in cyberspace, they started making promises about dealing with Coronavirus. Meanwhile, gradually, the election carnivals have begun, preparing the ground (spreading the virus) for the fifth outbreak.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
June 10, 2021