Reports of increase in patients and hospitalizations in provinces of Tehran, Isfahan, West Azerbaijan, Fars, Lorestan, Khuzestan, Alborz, Yazd, Hamedan, Semnan, and Hormozgan.
- Ali Rabiei, the spokesperson for Rouhani’s cabinet: In Tehran, hospitalizations of 5 to 17-year-old COVID-19 patients have increased. There is a hope that people can be vaccinated in late spring or summer. (State TV, January 26, 2021)
- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): If the situation continues in the same way, we will have the fourth peak in late February and early March. People are tired. (Mehr news agency, January 25, 2021)
- Governor of Tehran: Referring to the increasing slope of the COVID-19 infections, “the status in Tehran is yellow and moving towards orange. (State TV, January 25, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for NCCT: The discussions at the NCCT are confidential, and publishing them in cyberspace is questionable. (Mehr, January 26, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of NCCT in Tehran: There have been 4,100 COVID-19 outpatients in Tehran in the past 24 hours. This is while more than 80% of outpatients refer to private clinics. Therefore, the statistics may be much higher than the statistics announced today. (IRNA news agency, January 25, 2021)
- Razi Hospital in Ahvaz: The number of patients is slowly increasing again and compared to the past, it has become much worse. i.e. most hospitalized patients need ICU. (State TV, January 25, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced today, January 26, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 478 cities had exceeded 206,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 50,136, Khorasan Razavi 14,010, Isfahan 13,100, Khuzestan 10,315, Mazandaran 8,347, East Azerbaijan 7,883, West Azerbaijan 7,588, Golestan 5,245, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,986, Central Province 4,228, Yazd 3,802, Qazvin 2,192, Hormozgan 2,160, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,655, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,529.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 26, 2021