- Letter by 98 members of the General Assembly of the Medical Organization to Rouhani: While the Russian vaccine which has not received the minimum international approvals and its effectiveness and safety in the country of production are unclear, we consider its purchase unjustified and dangerous. (The Medical Organization’s official website, January 31, 2021)
- Saeid Namaki, regime’s Health Minister while acknowledging the money grab over vaccines by various regime factions said: We will not allow those who want to ‘ride the (vaccine) market’ and re-allocate the resources, to start a new (black) market.” Showing his anger about the growing opposition to the regime’s vaccine policy, he added, “They say we will not inject (Russian) vaccine. Saying so undermines people’s trust.” (ISNA news agency, January 31, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: COVID-19 status in Tehran is fragile and unstable. With another uptick, the exponential statistics will increase in a much shorter time. (Tasnim news agency, January 31, 2021)
- Coronavirus hospitalizations in North Khorasan Province has increased by about 50% in the past week. (Tasnim, January 31, 2021)
- Yazd University of Medical Sciences: The fourth Coronavirus wave is on the way. The number of patients in Abarkooh, Mehriz, and Ardakan is three to four times greater than in previous days. (Mehr news agency, January 31, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Sunday, January 31, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 478 cities across Iran had exceeded 209,200. The number of victims in Tehran is 50,546, Khorasan Razavi 14,115, Isfahan 13,290, Mazandaran 8,542, Lorestan 8,503, West Azerbaijan 7,703, Gilan 7,471, Golestan 5,355, Alborz 5,353, Kurdistan 3,597, Hormozgan 2,205, Ilam 2,161, Bushehr 2,104, and South Khorasan 1,991.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 31, 2021