The newly infected COVID-19 patients have increased by 14% in the past 24 hours compared to the previous day and 65% compared to last week.
• Minoo Mohraz, member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The COVID-19 vaccine import is slow, and as the situation continues, vaccine supply will be gradual. Russian vaccines have caused severe side effects in some people. (State-run Rokna news, March 31, 2021)
• Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for NCCT: The dominant COVID-19 variant in the country is becoming the British variant. (ISNA news agency, April 1, 2021)
• Head of the regime’s Medical Organization: The vaccines are delivered in packages of 100,000 and 200,000, which are not sufficient even for the first phase of vaccination of the medical staff and vulnerable people. (Mehr news agency, April 1, 2021)
• Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: The number of hospitalized patients has increased by 77% compared to the beginning of the year. (Mehr, April 1, 2021)
• Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: The highest number of British COVID-19 infections has been observed in East Azerbaijan. (Mehr, April 1, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Thursday, April 1, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 529 cities across Iran had exceeded 241,400. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 55,781, Isfahan 15,710, Khuzestan 14,174, Mazandaran 10,290, Lorestan 10,193, East Azerbaijan 9,598, West Azerbaijan 9,073, Gilan 8,446, Fars 7,087, Kerman 5,334, Central Province 5,008, Kermanshah 4,829, Yazd 4,357, Kurdistan 4,177, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,849.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 1, 2021