- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The emergence of the sixth COVID-19 outbreak in Iran is certain. We have several red cities, and the trend of infection is increasing in some provinces. (State-run media, Jame’h, November 15-21)
- Head of Ferdows Health Network: Ferdows COVID-19 hospitalizations in the last two weeks of October have increased by five-fold compared to the last week of October. (Mehr news agency, November 21, 2021)
- Shiraz Medical University: We must be ready to enter the sixth COVID-19 outbreak. The situation is worrying, and the trend of infection in Mamasani is high. (Mehr, November 21, 2021)
- Isfahan and Kashan Medical Universities: In the past 24 hours, 187 COVID-19 patients were registered, 142 were hospitalized. (IMNA news agency, November 21, 2021)
- “The death toll is still high; concerns about entering the sixth COVID-19 outbreak are serious. Despite this situation, we also have the reopening of schools, salons, stadiums, and mourning and celebratory ceremonies. (State-run daily, Farhikhtegan, November 21, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, November 21, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 547 cities had surpassed 479,200. In Tehran, the number of victims has reached 112,365, Isfahan 32,800, West Azerbaijan 17,893, Mazandaran 17,485, East Azerbaijan 16,568, Hamedan 8,913, Yazd 7,878, Ilam 4,563, South Khorasan 4,146, Zanjan 4,525, Semnan 6,360, Fars 17,790, Qom 12,970, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,569.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
November 21, 2021