Increase in the Number of Deaths; 5-Digit Number of Daily Patients
- Secretary of the scientific committee of the headquarters to Combat Coronavirus: the cases of coronavirus infection and hospitalization in Iran have increased 4 times compared to the previous week.
- Kurdistan Medical University: The number of hospitalized Covid patients has increased 9 times in the last month.
- Head of Hashtroud Health Network: The number of doctors and medical personnel is not enough to respond to the patients who are infected with the coronavirus.
- Head of Qaimshahr Health Network: The bed capacity of the coronavirus departments of Qaimshahr hospitals has been completed.
- Ministry of Health: 10,526 Covid patients, 1,441 hospitalized, 37 hospitalized, 57 red cities, and 86 orange cities
According to the figures issued by the Health Ministry, 10,526 coronavirus patients were identified, 1,441 patients were hospitalized, and 37 patients died over the past 24 hours. Fifty-seven cities in red, 86 cities in orange, and 199 cities are in yellow status. Despite this increasing trend, the governor of Tehran announced, “There will be no limitations during the Muharram ceremonies. The coronavirus situation is under control” (State news agency Mehr – July 26).
Hamid Reza Jamati, the secretary of the scientific committee of the coronavirus headquarters, said, “The cases of coronavirus infection and hospitalization in Iran have increased about four times compared to the previous week” (State official news agency IRIB, July 26).
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
July 27, 2022