- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The COVID-19 infection of children under 10 has increased. 43% of hospitalized children had no underlying diseases. (ISNA news agency, January 23, 2022)
- Last week, the regime’s deputy Health Minister: The COVID-19 outpatient visits were 5,000 more than before. We would most likely enter the next COVID-19 outbreak. (Mehr news agency, January 23, 2022)
- An epidemiologist: The trend of Omicron infection in the country is increasing exponentially daily. (IRNA news agency, January 23, 2022)
- Ahvaz Medical University: One-third of Khuzestan COVID-19 hospitalizations are in ICU wards. We must assume that the COVID-19 situation will be yellow from now on. (ISNA, January 23, 2022)
- Kurdistan Medical University: Omicron storm with high severity is on its way. A broader epidemic is spreading. (ISNA, January 23, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, January 23, 2022, that the COVID-19 fatalities in 547 cities across Iran have surpassed 499,600. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 116,685, Isfahan 34,655, Alborz 14,553, Sistan and Baluchestan 13,780, Yazd 8,288, Hormozgan 8,275, Semnan 6,590, Qazvin 5,889, and South Khorasan 4,441.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 23, 2022