- Tehran Crisis Management: The number of Omicron hospitalizations and deaths in Tehran has doubled in the past week. (Mehr news agency, February 16, 2022)
- “Official statistics show a 200% increase in COVID-19 patients; however, the actual number is tens of times more. At least one million people are infected daily. (State-run daily, Hamdeli, February 16, 2022)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The Ministry of Education insists students attend classes in person; we have suffered from this same decision before, and we will suffer again. (State-run daily, Entekhab, February 16, 2022)
- Behesht-e Zahra Cemetery’s CEO: We have witnessed an exponential rise in Coronavirus deaths for more than two weeks. (Entekhab daily, February 16, 2022)
- Central Province Medical University: Many COVID-19 deaths occur upon entering the emergency department or within the first 24 hours. The COVID-19 death toll in the Central Province ranks second in the country. (IRNA, February 16, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, February 16, 2022, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 547 cities across Iran have surpassed 507,400. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 118,505, Khorasan Razavi 40,715, Khuzestan 30,585, Isfahan 35,240, Fars 19,360, West Azerbaijan 19,098, Gilan 17,535, East Azerbaijan 17,538, Lorestan 16,680, Alborz 14,748, Sistan and Baluchestan 13,980, Kerman 13,752, Golestan 11,005, Kermanshah 9,494, Hamedan 9,378, Semnan 6,685, Ardabil 6,485, Qazvin 6,034, Bushehr 5,684, Zanjan 4,905, and South Khorasan 4,531.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 16, 2022