- Despite warnings by regime officials about the fourth COVID-19 outbreak, the regime is delaying the purchase of vaccines. Domestic vaccines production is also controlled by Khamenei’s office and the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC). Today, Mostafa Ghanei, the secretary of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) Scientific Committee revealed that the Defense Ministry, which is in control of the IRGC, has monopolized the production of the “Milad Noor” vaccine. The “Barakat vaccine” is also produced by the Executive Headquarters of Imam’s Directive under the supervision of Khamenei.
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: With over 1,100 COVID-19 patients hospitalized, we have a crisis in Mazandaran Province. The death toll in Golestan and Gillan provinces is unacceptable. In the south, especially in Hormozgan Province, we have a slight increase (in infections and mortalities). If we contract the more aggressive virus, we will have heavy losses. (IRNA news agency, January 27, 2021)
- Minoo Mohraz, member of the NCCT: The alarm for the fourth COVID-19 outbreak has been sounded. In the current situation, the only way to contain COVID-19 is by vaccination. (ISNA news agency, January 27, 2021)
- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: We have 18,00 to 2,000 COVID-19 patients in Tehran, daily, 5,400 of which are in ICU, and this is an important figure. (State TV, January 26, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: The number of infections and those who have been positively diagnosed for COVID-19 has doubled in Khuzestan in the past month. (ISNA, January 27, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on January 27, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities across Iran had exceeded 207,300. The number of victims in Tehran is 50,226, Isfahan 13,140, Mazandaran 8,392, Lorestan 8,368, Qom 8,045, West Azerbaijan 7,613, Gilan 7,386, Fars 6,277, Alborz 5,323, Golestan 5,275, Kerman 4,584, Kermanshah 4,284, North Khorasan 3,193, Semnan 3,065, Ardabil 2,577, Zanjan 2,230, Ilam 2,146, and South Khorasan 1,971.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 27, 2021