• Health Ministry: The number of daily COVID-19 deaths is 357, the seriously ill patients 5,100 and new infections 34,951, which is the highest figure since the beginning of the pandemic. (IRNA news agency, July 27, 2021)
• Nader Tavakoli, the deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: In the previous outbreaks, we had a maximum of 9,000 hospitalizations, but now we have 10,000, we are going to have to use field hospitals. (Hamshahri daily, July 27, 2021)
• The chairman of the Tehran City Council: The daily COVID-19 deaths have exceeded 150. The six-day lockdown has had a reverse effect. (ILNA news agency, July 27, 2021)
• Tehran Sinai Hospital: The disease burden is three or four times higher than the previous COVID-19 outbreak. If we have more patients, they will have to stay behind the hospital door. (ISNA news agency, July 27, 2021)
• Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: The number of COVID-19 deaths in Khorasan Razavi and especially Mashhad has now increased to more than 30 people per day
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 339,400. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 79,176, Isfahan 22,985, Khuzestan 21,586, Khorasan Razavi 20,560, East Azerbaijan 13,418, Mazandaran 13,145, West Azerbaijan 12,438, Fars 11,522, Gilan 10,981, Qom 10,195, Alborz 9,823, Sistan and Baluchestan 9,481, Kerman 8,303, Golestan 7,955, Yazd 5,847, Hormozgan 5,660, Ardabil 4,105, Zanjan 3,625, Ilam 3,521, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,604.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
July 27, 2021