- According to doctors: In Modarres Hospital in Tehran, all beds, even in the emergency ward, are filled with Coronavirus patients. One hundred and fifty patients have died due to Coronavirus in the past month. The medical staff are worn out, and 220 staff members have contracted the virus.
- At least 25 patients died in Beheshti Hospital in Qom on Wednesday.
- The Coronavirus fatalities in Quchan in the past ten days is more than 60 people.
- President of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: All cities of East Azerbaijan are in the red and Ultra-red state. (ISNA, October 16, 2020)
- Governor of Neyshabur: The Coronavirus fatalities are equal in the city and the countryside. Out of 8,000 Coronavirus patients, 20% need hospitalization. (ILNA, October 15, 2020)
- Head of Ibn Sina Nurabad Hospital in Lorestan: The third wave is more deadly than the previous ones, the ICU ward is full, and we see Coronavirus patients die every day. (Mehr news agency, October 15, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, October 16, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 458 cities had exceeded 124,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 29,941, Khorasan Razavi 9,350, Isfahan 6,519, Mazandaran 5,622, Gilan 4,861, East Azerbaijan 4,423, West Azerbaijan 3,487, Alborz 3,418, Hamedan 3,313, Fars 3,271, Kermanshah 2,738, Kurdistan 2,231, Kerman 1,913, Yazd 1,721, Ardabil 1,438, Qazvin 1,218, Zanjan 1,185, and South Khorasan 944.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 16, 2020