- While justifying not purchasing the COVID-19 vaccines, Rouhani brazenly said: It is still unclear what the side effects of vaccines are, so some people are even afraid of getting vaccinated worldwide. Today’s vaccines are similar to masks used in the early days of the outbreak when they were being seized at airports. Even if there were enough vaccines, it would take months for the vaccinations to complete.
- Tehran City Council: Vaccination is the only way out of the COVID-19 outbreak. Expensive Russian vaccines are purchased in low quantity, and there are delays in purchasing cheaper but approved vaccines. (Hamdeli daily, February 27, 2021)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Due to the mutated virus’s spread, the death toll may exceed the previous peak. (ISNA news agency, February 27, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: Since the beginning of February, our COVID-19 patients have been doubled every eight days. The sample tests we have sent from Ahvaz and Abadan have all acknowledged being of the mutated virus except for one. (Mehr news agency, February 27, 2021)
- Bushehr University of Medical Sciences: Past month, in Bushehr Province, we have witnessed a 110% increase in positive COVID-19 cases compared to the month before that. (ISNA, February 27, 2021)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: We have little time to deal with the British Coronavirus, and now the number of patients in the province is 11. (ISNA, February 27, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, February 27, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 497 cities exceeds 222,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 52,806, Khorasan Razavi 14,750, Isfahan 14,335, Khuzestan 11,600, East Azerbaijan 8,423, Kermanshah 4,529, Qom 8,355, Golestan 5,775, Hamedan 5,233, Kurdistan 3,852, Semnan 3,455, Ardabil 2,767, Qazvin 2,504, and South Khorasan 2,156.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 26, 2021