• Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: Several new COVID-19 mutations have been identified in Iran; We identified the Indian variant in Bushehr, Hormozgan, Yazd, West Azerbaijan, and Qom, and the South African variant in Bandar Abbas. We also have the California-Indian variant. We may also have domestic mutations. (IRNA news agency, May 11, 2021)
• The regime’s Deputy Health Minister admitted that some people died due to the COVID-19 vaccine injection without giving details of the vaccine used. (Mehr news agency, May 11, 2021)
• Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The situation in Tehran is still red. There were 7,600 COVID-19 patients hospitalized, to which 1,120 new patients have been added. (ISNA news agency, May 11, 2021)
• Governor of Tehran: We still have between 1,400 to 1,700 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Tehran Province daily, and the status is still red. (IRNA, May 10, 2021)
• Head of the Nursing Organization: Despite the approval to employ 53,000 nurses, only 3,000 were hired. Usually, between 6,000 to 7,000 nurses are on leave due to Coronavirus, quarantine, or medical treatment. (IRNA, May 11, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, May 11, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 541 cities is more than 285,200. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 66,101, Isfahan 18,795, Khuzestan 17,579, Khorasan Razavi 17,545, Mazandaran 11,700, Lorestan 11,663, East Azerbaijan 11,643, West Azerbaijan 10,608, Gilan 9,781, Fars 9,117, Alborz 7,693, Sistan and Baluchestan 6,551, Hamedan 6,413,Kerman 6,403, Semnan 4,985, Kurdistan 4,927, Yazd 4,897, Qazvin 3,314, Bushehr 2,964, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,340.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
May 11, 2021