Thursday 23rd Jan 2020 

  • English
  • French
  • Deutch
  • Italian
  • Arab
  • Spanish
  • Albanian
  • English
  • French
  • Deutch
  • Italian
  • Arab
  • Spanish
  • Albanian

News: Iran protests

Shocking Admissions on the Iran Protests by the Regime’s Interior Minister

Shocking Admissions on the Iran Protests by the Regime’s Interior Minister
Iran regime Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli

Hundreds of thousands of people took part in the Iran protests earlier this month, in at least 100 areas of Tehran and most of Iran’s provinces, the regime’s Interior Minister said in a stunning admission on state television late on Tuesday.

Here’s what Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani-Fazli told TV1 channel on November 26, 2019: 

  • Between 130,000 to 200,000 people took part in the Iran protests. 
  • The protesters demanded ‘regime change.’ 
  • The Iranian opposition People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI), or Mujahedin-e-Khalq (MEK), was behind much of the protests. 
  • The Iran protests took place in at least 100 areas of the capital Tehran. 
  • The protests also took place in 27 of Iran’s 31 provinces. 
  • A state of emergency was declared in five of Iran’s provinces, including Tehran, Fars, Isfahan, and Khuzestan. 
  • Protesters destroyed at least 50 police and army centers, 140 government centers, 183 police vehicles, nine seminaries, 731 state-affiliated banks and 70 gas stations. 

As staggering as Rahmani-Fazli's comments are, they are only a percentage of the true extent of the Iran protests. Iranian officials and state media have been trying to minimize the widespread nature of the Iran protests.

Background: 

Iran is witnessing its greatest political upheaval since the 1979 revolution. Protests for regime change, with chants of ‘Death to the dictator” have erupted in at least 176 cities. Protesters have managed to take over or destroy hundreds of government centers, security outposts, and state-affiliated banks, gas stations and seminaries. The regime has resorted to brute repression, killing at least 450 protesters and arresting thousands more. It also shut down Iran’s internet completely for a week, blocking images of the protests from reaching the outside world. 

The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced that the number of those killed during the Iranian people’s nationwide uprising has surpassed 450. The actual figure is higher. But the regime is desperately trying to conceal the true dimensions of its horrific crimes, using different tactics such as cutting off the Internet and refusing to hand over the bodies of those killed to their families or preventing funerals for them. 

Print Email

Contact Us

Copyright © 2020 NCRI - National Council of Resistance of Iran. All Rights Reserved.