Iran Foreign Minister Cancels Trip to Italy Fearing Backlash Over Massacre of Iran Protesters
Iranian regime’s foreign minister, Javad Zarif cancels his trip to Italy in fear of the repercussions over the massacre of Iran protesters
Press Conference in the Italian Parliament
A pre-planned trip by the foreign minister of the religious dictatorial regime in Iran, Mohammad Javad Zarif, to Rome was abruptly canceled following outcries from supporters of the Iranian Resistance and members of both chambers of the Italian Parliament.
The press conference on Wednesday will hear from a number of Italian members of parliament and political dignitaries and members of the Iranian Resistance. The conference venue will be in the Italian Parliament at 13:00 PM on Wednesday, December 4, at 13:00 PM in the La Stampa hall in the Italian Parliament.
Number of #Iran uprising martyrs surpasses 750; a manifest case of crime against humanity in 21st century. Khamenei, Rouhani, other regime leaders must face justice #IranProtestshttps://t.co/wpU7SRUpYB pic.twitter.com/MbbTgFci4g— Maryam Rajavi (@Maryam_Rajavi) December 3, 2019
The participants will call on the Italian government and the European Union to condemn the extensive suppression, killing, and detention of protesters in Iran. They will also call on the international community and United Nations Security Council to support the Iranian people’s uprising and their democratic aspirations.
The following dignitaries will be participating:
- Giulio Terzi, former foreign minister of Italy
- Elisabetta Zamparutti, a former member of parliament, Association of Hands off Cain
- Senator Lucio Malan, head of Italian Senators for a Democratic Iran group
- Senator Emanuel Vescovi, from majority party and deputy of Italian parliamentary delegation in the Council of Europe
- MP Renata Polverini former Rome governor
- MP Stefania Pezzopane, co-chair of the joint Italian Committee of Parliamentarians for a Free Iran
- Mahmoud Hakamian, Representative Office of the National Council of Resistance of Iran in Italy
- Esmail Mohaddes representative of Iranian Community in Italy
Place: Italian Parliament La Stampa hall
Date and Time: Wednesday, December 4, at 13:00 PM