The Iranian regime’s president, Hassan Rouhani, during a trip to Malaysia on Wednesday, said the regime’s nuclear experts are testing a new type of advanced centrifuges.
The regime’s official news agency IRNA quoted Rouhani as saying In Kuala Lumpur: “We have had great achievements and today, Iranian new IR-6 centrifuges are working and models IR-9 are currently being tested.”
These new centrifuges, known as IR-6, can produce enriched uranium 10 times faster than an IR-1, Iranian officials say.
According to the Associated Press, Rouhani’s announcement about the testing of new centrifuges was not the first time they were mentioned. Last month, the Iranian regime’s nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salemi first mentioned that Iranian scientists have built a prototype of an IR-9 centrifuge that is 50 times faster than the IR-1 ones, which Iran mostly uses.
Nuclear Chief Says Iran Exploring New Uranium Enrichment
The head of Iran Regime’s nuclear program said Iranian regime has begun “preliminary activities for designing” a modern process for 20-percent uranium enrichment for its 50-year-old research reactor in Tehran,… pic.twitter.com/PQ4P8pPs9U
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) January 14, 2019
“Also in November, Iran began injecting uranium gas into over a thousand centrifuges at a fortified nuclear facility at Fordo, built inside a mountain as the latest step away from its atomic accord with world powers since President Donald Trump pulled America out of the deal” the AP added.
On December 7, the deputy head of the Iranian regime’s nuclear agency Ali Asghar Zarean told State TV that they will “unveil a new generation of uranium enrichment.”
Since May 2019, the Iranian regime has started violating its commitments under the terms of the nuclear agreement it signed with world powers in 2015, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action or JCPOA.
Last September, Iran’s regime said it had started developing centrifuges to speed up the enrichment of uranium as part of steps to reduce compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal.
On July 7, 2019, the Iranian regime announced it would further scale back its commitment to the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, raising its uranium enrichment level to what officials said earlier was 5 percent to produce fuel for power plants.
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) October 14, 2019
Indeed, were it not for the Iranian Resistance’s stunning revelation of the Natanz uranium enrichment site and Arak heavy water facility in August 2002, and subsequent revelations, which unveiled the extent to which the regime’s clandestine nuclear weapons work had advanced, and which triggered inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and ensuing measures by the United Nations Security Council, the mullahs would have had the bomb by now and the fate of the Middle East and the world would not be the same.
The NCRI has made clear Iran’s regime must not be allowed to carry out any uranium enrichment, and its nuclear projects must be entirely dismantled.