• Despite Rouhani’s claims last week about improvement in the Coronavirus situation in Iran, he said today that we are facing an upward rise across the country.
• Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The virus has spread to almost all provinces and the predominant type is delta. (Mehr news agency, July 17, 2021)
• Head of the infectious section in Khomeini Hospital: All hospitals in Tehran are full. If we did not give medicine to a large number of COVID-19 outpatients, the hospitals would be full beyond capacity and some patients would be left on the streets. The situation will get worse in the next week or two. (ISNA news agency, July 17, 2021)
• Zahedan Hospital: ICU beds are full, and every bed that becomes vacant, will be filled with a new patient as soon as it is emptied. (State TV, July 15, 2021)
• Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 deaths toll in the Province has increased 21%, hospitalization 8%, and ICU 7%, respectively, compared to the previous week. (ISNA, July 17, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, July 17, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 331,300. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 77,246, Isfahan 22,425, Khuzestan 21,066, Khorasan Razavi 2,0145, Mazandaran 12,830, Fars 11,202, Gilan 10,801, Qom 10,025, Alborz 9,443, Sistan and Baluchestan 8,766, Golestan 7,750, Kerman 7,913, Hamedan 7,018, Yazd 5,597, Kurdistan 5,572, Hormozgan 5,340, North Khorasan 4,639, Qazvin 3,774, South Khorasan 3,046, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,705, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,569.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
July 17, 2021