Last update 11:56:33 AM
The terrorist Quds Force and the Iraqi forces under the command of the Iraqi Prime Ministry are making preparations for suppressive measures and further attacks on Camp Liberty in the recent weeks.
1. On June 26, Maliki dispatched a delegation to Tehran requesting military assistance and support for his third term as Prime Minister. In return, the Iranian regime asked for intensifying suppression of Camp Liberty.
2. Three officers involved in the Ashraf massacres, along with several intelligence agents, have been stationed in a location in the vicinity of Camp Liberty. Moreover, a number of agents of the Iranian regime’s terrorist Quds Force who cannot speak Arabic are also present with them in this same center.
3. Intelligence agents are present in all the police guard postsaround the camp and by their orders the barrels of BKC machineguns are aimed at inside the camp.
4. Some of these agents hurl stones at the camp from these guard posts. Some of them speak Farsi and their voices can be heard from inside the camp.
5. Meanwhile, as stated in the statement of NCRI Foreign Relations Committee of July 5, the Iranian regime, with its Iraqi paid hands, are disseminating false reports and fictitious scenarios about cooperation between the PMOI (MeK) and ISIS in order to politically pave the way to carry out a new bloodbath in Camp Liberty.
6. On June 28 and 29, Iranian regime’s news agencies and websites widely reported an utterly fabricated report, quoting “Iraqi intelligence sources” that “120 PMOI members are fighting alongside ISIS and the remainder of Saddam’s regime forces in Mosul… they have come from France and a number of Western countries and have entered Mosul through Turkey”. (ashraf-news.com, ISNA, Khabar Online, asriran.com, Young Journalists Club, etc.)
7. On June 30, the official website of IRINNaffiliated with the state-run radio and television also repeated this news and wrote: “Around 120 members of PMOI(MeK) with official uniforms are fighting alongside the Ba’athist-ISIS terrorists in Mosul.”
8. On July 1, mullahs’ regime news agencies quoted Abbas al-Bayati, an Iraqi legislator closely associated with Maliki, that “pertinent organs in Iraq have attained information that shows members of the PMOI who have come from European countries have joined the ISIS terrorist grouplet” and “if involvement of these elements in terrorist operations against the security forces in Ninawa Province are proven, the Iraqi government will firmly respond”.
9. On July 5, Awad al-Awadi, another element of the mullahs’ regime in the Iraqi parliament considered “entry of PMOI(MeK) members in Mosul to join ISIS ranks” as a “threat to Iraq's security” and said that “Government of Iraq has the right to follow up this matter through international organs” and to issue “international arrest warrant through the Interpol” for the leadership of the PMOI (MeK).
10. On July 6, the Iraqi al-Alam newspaper that serves Maliki wrote that “it is three months that PMOI (MeK) members are fighting alongside ISIS organization in Syria and Iraq”.
Measures by the terrorist Quds Force and its Iraqi paid hands around Camp Liberty, as well as the campaign to disseminate fabrications against the PMOI (MeK) and feeding absurd fabrications such as cooperation of PMOI (MeK) with ISIS, leave no doubt about the ominous intentions of the clerical regime against the residents of Camp Liberty. As such, the Iranian Resistance demands immediate action by the U.S. government and the United Nations for protection of Camp Liberty.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
July 7, 2014
Islamic Fundamentalism and Iran
Islamic Fundamentalism, which may manifest itself on the streets of France or Yemen and Syria, and its victims may be diverse, but it is a single issue confronting the globe. It may appear random or unplanned but it is in fact shrewdly promoted and sustained by a regime, which relies on the phenomenon for its very survival.