- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: 1,000 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized daily in Tehran. 25 to 30% of the hospitalized patients, i.e., 1,400 people, are in ICU. (ISNA news agency, October 12, 2021)
- Masih Daneshvari Hospital: We will have the sixth COVID-19 outbreak, and see an increase in mortality. This wave will be in early November. In the fifth outbreak, we experienced 50,000 infections and 6,000 hospitalizations daily. Many patients who died had taken two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. (State-run media, Javan, October 11, 2021)
- Shiraz Medical University: The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations is increasing. The daily COVID-19 patients’ admission in Fars hospitals has reached 300 daily. (Mehr news agency, October 12, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan Medical University: In the past 24 hours, 919 new COVID-19 patients were identified, and 18 died. Currently, the number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized is 1,550. (Tasnim news agency, October 12, 2021)
- Kurdistan Medical University: In an unprecedented record, 500 people were infected with Coronavirus in the Province yesterday, and 17 died in the past two days. (State Radio and TV news agency, October 12, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Tuesday, October 12, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities across Iran had surpassed 454,700. In Tehran death toll has passed 106,488, Khorasan Razavi 37,385, Isfahan 30,780, Khuzestan 27,875, Fars 16,435, West Azerbaijan 16,518, Lorestan 15,135, Alborz 13,418, Sistan and Baluchestan 12,850, Qom 12,470, Kerman 12,117, Golestan 10,130, Hamedan 8,503, Central Province 8,273, Kermanshah 8,254, Hormozgan 7,675, Ardabil 5,695, and Bushehr 5,124.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 12, 2021