- Ebrahim Rezai, member of the regime parliamentary Security Committee: Coronavirus management is very weak, which is due to Rouhani’s unprofessional decisions. (Mehr news agency, April 23, 2021)
- According to reports from doctors, Dezful is in a critical situation. There are more than 250 COVID-19 patients hospitalized, at least 12 patients die every day. The Army and IRGC hospitals do not cooperate. The situation of Shush, Gotvand, Shooshtar, and Izeh is a disaster. They have no doctors, no nurses, and no hospital beds.
- Arak University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, 27 COVID-19 patients have died in Central Province, which is unprecedented in the recent year. (IRNA news agency, April 23, 2021)
- Bushehr University of Medical Sciences: Last year, June was the worst month, when we had 3,740 positive COVID-19 cases. In April of this year, we have identified more than 9,000 positive cases, three times the highest month of last year. (ISNA news agency, April 23, 2021)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: East Azerbaijan Province’s COVID-19 hospitalization has passed its previous record since the beginning of the outbreak and reached 1,652. (IRNA, April 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, April 23, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 539 cities had exceeded 262,700. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 60,101, Isfahan 17,140, Khorasan Razavi 16,645, Khuzestan 15,904, Mazandaran 11,070, Lorestan 11,038, East Azerbaijan 10,778, West Azerbaijan 9,863, Gilan 9,191, Qom 9,085, Fars 7,917, Alborz 6,713, Hamedan 5,923, Kerman 5,904, Central Province 5,468, Kermanshah 5,259, Semnan 4,650, Yazd 4,637, Kurdistan 4,587, Ardabil 3,277, North Khorasan 3,908, Qazvin 3,014, Bushehr 2,699, South Khorasan 2,561, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,145, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,054.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 23, 2021