- The number of red cities is a wake-up call for the fifth wave in the coming weeks. Some cities are exposed to the Indian and South African COVID-19 variants. (IRNA news agency, June 4, 2021)
- Chairman of the Epidemiological Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): During the COVID-19 pandemic, many countries had three outbreaks, but we had four. There is potential for a fifth outbreak. (ISNA news agency, June 4, 2021)
- Qazvin University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, COVID-19 deaths increased nine-fold compared to the previous day, which was very unexpected. (Tasnim news agency, June 4, 2021)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 status in 14 cities of the Province is orange. No city is in blue or white (virus-free). (Mehr news agency, June 4, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: Four more cities were added to the red COVID-19 cities in the Province, raising the total of red cities to 10. (Fars news agency, June 4, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, June 4, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 543 cities has exceeded 305,500. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 71,616, Isfahan 20,425, Khuzestan 19,094, Khorasan Razavi 18,560, Lorestan 12,235, Mazandaran 12,190, West Azerbaijan 11,518, Gilan 10,236, Alborz 8,638, Kerman 6,838, Ardabil 3,805, Sistan and Baluchestan 7,056, Hamedan 6,723, and Qazvin 3,524.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
June 4, 2021