- Member of the Presidium of the regime’s parliament: Of the two million COVID-19 vaccines that have been imported, more than 200,000 doses were lost. Where did these go? To whom were they inject? These vaccines are finding their way to the black market. In Naser Khosrow (south Tehran), one dose of the vaccine sells for 250 million rials. (State TV, May 11, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Tehran faces an unstable situation regarding the COVID-19 situation. The daily COVID-19 outpatients in Tehran are over 10,000, and we may see a new virus outbreak. (ILNA news agency, May 22, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: Two patients with the Indian African COVID-19 variant died. Forty-four patients have been identified with the African COVID-19 variant in the Province. (Tasnim news agency, May 13, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: 1,189 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in the Province, and 23 patients died in the past 24 hours. (IMNA news agency, May 12, 2021)
- President of Alborz University of Medical Sciences: 919 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in the Province, and 18 patients have lost their lives in the past 24 hours. (State TV news agency, May 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Thursday, May 13, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 541 cities across Iran had exceeded 287,300. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 66,701, Isfahan 18,950, Khuzestan 17,739, Khorasan Razavi 17,640, East Azerbaijan 11,733, West Azerbaijan 10,693, Gilan 9,821, Fars 9,242, Alborz 7,798, Golestan 7,055, Sistan and Baluchestan 6,596, Kerman 6,458, Hamedan 6,448, Central Province 5,988, Semnan 5,015, Kurdistan 4,962, Yazd 4,922, Qazvin 3,339, Bushehr 2,994, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,355.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
May 13, 2021