- Today, after months of delay, Rouhani implicitly expressed disappointment with the domestic vaccine, saying that providing the vaccine by the private sector is a top priority.
- Payam Tabarsi, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): I was very hopeful that general vaccination would end by October and November this year, but that does not seem to be the case. (State-run media outlet, Khabar Online, April 15, 2021)
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: Next week, with a wave of new outpatients, we will experience the most challenging period in COVID-19 management in the past 14 months. (ISNA news agency, April 15, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the NCCT in Tehran: For the first time, all cities in Tehran Province are red. Alborz Province, after Gilan, is experiencing the highest infection rate. (State-run media outlet, Shafaghna, April 15, 2021)
- Scientific member of the NCCT: The situation in Tehran is catastrophic. The number of patients is high, and there are no beds available for new patients. (State-run media outlet, Donya-ye Ma’dan, April 15, 2021)
- Gilan University of Medical Sciences: With 221 new COVID-19 admissions in the past 24 hours, the number of hospitalizations has reached 1,050, and 124 are in critical condition. (ISNA, April 15, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Thursday, April 15, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 539 cities had exceeded 253,100. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 57,891, Isfahan 16,555, Khorasan Razavi 16,240, Khuzestan 15,239, Lorestan 10,688, East Azerbaijan 10,333, West Azerbaijan 9,518, Gilan 8,866, Fars 7,462, Golestan 6,500, Alborz 6,353, Kerman 5,659, Kermanshah 5,059, Kurdistan 4,367, North Khorasan 3,813, Ardabil 3,152, South Khorasan 2,481, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,060, and Kohgiluyeh And Boyer-Ahmad 1,974. Mazandaran 10,735.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 15, 2021