IRGC, SSF to confront enrage citizens who blame the regime for the disaster
- Rouhani, speaking in presence of Armed Forces’ Chief of Staff Bagheri and SSF chief Ashtari, underlined the need to impose fines on those not conforming to regulations and added that if the people do not cooperate, we will not succeed in confronting COVID-19. He announced restrictions in 89 cities and 25 provinces.
- IRGC Commander in Chief, Hossein Salami: In districts, we will try to identify the patients house-by-house through mosques and 54,000 Bassij bases and undertake subsequent measures according to directives and protocols (State television, October 31, 2020).
- Head of the Epidemiology Department in Masih Daneshvari Hospital: It appears that 300 or 400 deaths for the state are only a figure. The continuation of this trend may reach 900 or more in the following days (Khabar Fori website, October 31, 2020).
- Tehran University Medical School: Iran ranks 113th in terms of number of Coronavirus tests per capita (Setareh Sobh daily, October 31, 2020).
- Ilam Medical School: The five-fold increase in hospitalizations relative to the past 24 hours has shocked the people and the medical personnel (Tasnim News Agency, October 30, 2020).
- Isfahan Medical School: 2,241 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized. 362 are in critical condition. 47 died in 24 hours (State television, October 30, 2020).
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced this afternoon, Saturday, October 31, 2020, that the Coronavirus fatalities has surpassed 138,300 in 462 cities across Iran. The death toll includes: 33,531 in Tehran, 10,447 in Khorasan Razavi, 7,679 in Isfahan, 5,975 in Qom, 5,888 in Lorestan, 4,857 in East Azerbaijan, 8,253 in Khuzestan, 4,062 in West Azerbaijan, 3,835 in Alborz, 3,700 in Hamedan, 3,638 in Fars, 2,973 in Kermanshah, 2,304 in North Khorasan, 2,456 in Kurdistan, 2,210 in Kerman, 2,211 in Yazd, 2,082 in Central Province, 1,300 in Zanjan, 1,139 in Ilam, 1,104 in South Khorasan, and 1,060 in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari.
The mullahs’ anti-human regime, which has stepped up its repressive measures in view of the rise in people’s rage and repugnance toward it after the spread of the Coronavirus, has brought in the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) and the State Security Force (SSF) to control the situation. In today’s meeting of the National Coronavirus Task Force (NCCT), where the Armed Forces Chief of Staff Maj. Gen. Mohammad Bagheri and SSF Commander Brig. Gen. Hossein Ashtari were present, Hassan Rouhani underscored the need to impose fines on those who do not abide by regulations and added, “It is the public’s duty. If the people do not cooperate fully we will certainly not succeed in confronting this disease.” He said that it was decided to impose a number of restrictions on “25 provinces and under specific conditions, on 46 additional cities.” Restrictions on “43 cities were renewed and restrictions will be imposed on 25 provincial capitals beginning Wednesday until next Friday.”
Fars News Agency quoted Hassan Khalilabadi, a member of Tehran’s City Council as saying today, “The death rate in Tehran has risen 100 percent relative to the pre-COVID-19 situation. Behesht-e Zahra Cemetery is full. Planning is underway to construct three new cemeteries in the Capital.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 31, 2020