- While the British virus has spread throughout Iran, Rouhani, fearing public anger against the regime for not purchasing the vaccine, thanked Russia, China, and India for providing vaccines.
- Behesht Zahra Cemetery’s director: The number of COVID-19 deaths has reached 400 daily, which is unprecedented in the past 50 years. About 40% of the country’s COVID-19 deaths are buried in Behesht Zahra Cemetery. (Entekhab daily, March 15, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The British virus is spreading in 29 provinces. 62% of the virus that has spread in Khuzestan is of the British variant. (IRNA news agency, March 15, 2021)
- Majid Saffarinia from the regime’s Ministry of “Science, Research and Technology”: Students get infected with Coronavirus 4.5 times more often than ordinary people. (Mehr news agency, March 15, 2021)
- A member of the Scientific member of the NCCT: The city of Tehran has had a dangerous situation in the past two to three days, and hospitals and ICU wards are full. (State-run media outlet, Aria, March 15, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the NCCT in Tehran: After Tehran and Khuzestan, West Azerbaijan, and Central provinces are among provinces with a high percentage of mutated Coronavirus infections. (Mehr news agency, March 15, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on March 15, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 522 cities had exceeded 231,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 54,266, Khorasan Razavi 15,170, Isfahan 15,035, Khuzestan 12,920, Mazandaran 9,857, Lorestan 9,743, West Azerbaijan 8,688, Golestan 6,025, Central Province 4,743, Semnan 3,820, Ardabil 2,862, Ilam 2,376, and Qazvin 2,629.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 15, 2021