Rouhani implicitly acknowledges the vaccine crisis stems from Khamenei’s order not to buy British or American vaccines
• Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Tehran is on the brink of death, many have lost their jobs, and many say that we are dying of poverty, let us die of the COVID-19.” (IRNA news agency, April 20, 2021)
• Tehran’s main Cemetery, Behesht Zahra CEO: Yesterday, the number of COVID-19 related deaths reached 150, one of the saddest days in Behesht Zahra’s 50-year history. (Tasnim news agency, April 21, 2021)
• Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: Except for Kashan, 2,430 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 375 in ICU and 40 have died in the past 24 hours. (State-run news agency, MOJ, April 21, 2021)
• Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: 2,540 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in Fars Province, 354 in ICU, and 36 have died in the past 24 hours. (Mehr news agency, April 21, 2021)
• Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: 1,600 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in East Azerbaijan. Seventy corpses are buried in the Vadi-Rahmat Cemetery daily, a significant number of which are COVID-19 victims. (ISNA news agency, April 21, 2021)
• The state-run daily Etemad reported today that the actual number of the COVID-19 deaths is more than 160,000, and the daily Arman wrote that the COVID-19 outbreak has gone out of control and the death toll will reach 1,000 daily.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 539 cities had exceeded 260,000. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 59,501, Isfahan 16,985, Khorasan Razavi 16,540, Khuzestan 15,704, Mazandaran 10,975, Lorestan 10,948, East Azerbaijan 10,668, West Azerbaijan 9,773, Gilan 9,111, Qom 9,025, Fars 7,777, Alborz 6,608, Hamedan 5,843, Central Province 5,403, Kermanshah 5,221, Yazd 4,607, North Khorasan 3,883, Ardabil 3,237, South Khorasan 2,541, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,125, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,034.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 21, 2021