- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s deputy Health Minister: The number of those infected with COVID-19 has increased by 23%, and the death toll has risen to three digits in the past 24 hours. The COVID-19 infection rate in Tehran has grown by 13%, and international centers predict a rise in the Coronavirus death rate from 10% to 200% for the next three months in Iran. (State TV, March 16, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The COVID-19 situation in Alborz Province should be given a lot of attention. Gachsaran (southeast Iran) is red. Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province had a terrible peak last week. The infection rate in the city of Qom is rising. We found six samples of the British Coronavirus. The infection rate in Khuzestan Province still has a very steep slope. (State TV, March 15, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the NCCT in Tehran: The number of patients with severe respiratory disorders has increased by up to 40% in some hospitals in Tehran in recent weeks. (IRNA news agency, March 15, 2021)
- Ardabil University of Medical Sciences: COVID-19 deaths in Ardabil has increased four-fold. (ISNA news agency, March 16, 2021)
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We still have a high rate of infection in Ahvaz. We are worried about the northern and eastern parts of Khuzestan Province. (Tasnim news agency, March 16, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, March 16, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 522 cities had exceeded 232,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 54,356, Khorasan Razavi 15,205, Isfahan 15,075, Khuzestan 13,000, Mazandaran 9,895, East Azerbaijan 9,058, Qom 8,550, Gilan 8,221, Fars 6,862, Alborz 5,768, Hamedan 5,393, Kerman 5,124, Central Province 4,773, Yazd 4,222, North Khorasan 3,533, Hormozgan 2,535, Zanjan 2,530, South Khorasan 2,261, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,865.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 16, 2021