- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Because the disease peaks again in winter, if other viruses accompany it, the situation will be terrible again. (ISNA news agency, December 8, 2020)
- Chairman of the General Assembly of the Medical Organization: It takes time to achieve the results of the efforts of Iranian institutions to produce the COVID-19 vaccine, which, in turn, will further hold us back in the fight against Coronavirus. (Mehr news agency, December 7, 2020)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 37 people died in the past 24 hours. The infection and death toll in Isfahan is still higher than its peak in April. (IRNA, December 8, 2020)
- Ardabil University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, the number of daily hospitalizations of COVID-19 patients is higher than those discharged; and the spread of COVID-19 in the Province despite the restrictions and observing the health protocols is still at a red state. (Mehr, December 8, 2020)
- IRGC Brigadier General of Zanjan Corps: “Coronavirus casualties are more than that of the eight years of holy defense (Iran- Iraq war).”
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Tuesday, December 8, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 465 cities had exceeded 179,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 44,371, Khorasan Razavi 12,530, Isfahan 10,425, Lorestan 7,310, Qom 7,125, East Azerbaijan 7,068, Mazandaran 6,822, West Azerbaijan 6,748, Fars 5,307, Alborz 4,790, Golestan 4,522, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,496, Kermanshah 3,821, Kerman 3,734, Central Province 3,628, Semnan 2,634, Ardabil 2,137, Ilam 1,880, Qazvin 1,842, Bushehr 1,839, and Zanjan 1,837.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 8, 2020