- The regime Health Ministry put the number of COVID-19 patients in the past 24 hours at 22,586, out of which 4,221 are critically ill, setting a new record in the past 78 days.
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): 48% of last night’s COVID-19 deaths are related to Tehran Province. We have 5,215 COVID-19 patients in Tehran, of which 1,172 are in ICU. (Mehr news agency, April 8, 2021)
- Director of the Scientific Association of Epidemiologists in Iran: Due to the country’s prevailing conditions, the fifth and sixth, and more Coronavirus outbreaks in the country are inevitable. (Shahrvand daily, April 8, 2021)
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences: Elective surgeries have stopped, and we have devoted the other wards to the COVID-19 patients and are assigning a new ward to COVID-19.
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: The situation of Coronavirus in Khorasan Razavi Province is horrible. Since April 4, the trend of COVID-19 patients has been increasing exponentially and like an elevator rather than gradually. (ISNA news agency, April 8, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Thursday, April 8, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 535 cities had exceeded 246,400. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 56,561, Isfahan 16,085, Khorasan Razavi 15,885, Khuzestan 14,704, Mazandaran 10,510, Lorestan 10,388, East Azerbaijan 9,923, West Azerbaijan 9,253, Qom 8,780, Gilan 8,616, Fars 7,247, Golestan 6,345, Alborz 6,133, Hamedan 5,613, Kerman 5,449, Kermanshah 4,914, Yazd 4,427, Semnan 4,350, Qazvin 2,799, and Hormozgan 2,775.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 8, 2021